You have found your dream home and everything in it checks your boxes. All that is remaining is to make the payment and move in.
But not so fast. There are several things you need to do before making a payment and the most significant of them all is a home inspection
This is vital as it helps you know the number of repairs that are needed and who, between you and the seller should cater for them. Even more importantly, it helps you make an informed decision with all the cards on the table.
Why do you need a professional home inspector?
While there are things that you can easily check on your own like windows, doors and so on, there are other technical components that need to be checked by a professional. Such components include:
- Heating system
- Ventilation system
- Air conditioning unit
- Among others
Reasons for a professional home inspection
- Can identify underlying problems – Damages on big systems like the ones mentioned above are sometimes not very obvious and cannot be identified at a glance. A professional will know where and what to look for.
- Cost efficient – Buying a home without getting to know the repairs needed will cost you more than you anticipated. A home inspection can be anything between $300 – $550. While this may seem like a lot of money to spend, it is worth the investment because if you forgo it you may end up spending thousands of dollars.
- Saves time – The sooner you are done with preparations and inspections the sooner you can move into your new home. Professional home inspectors know what they are doing and so take less time.
- Negotiation advantage – With damages already identified on a house, it is easy to negotiate with the seller so you can get a better deal.
- Comfort, safety and peace – Regardless of how good a house looks, no one wants loads of repairs on their back to do. A professional home inspector will help you uncover those damages and help you escape the costs associated with them.
Get our services
Need your new home inspected in Panama City, Port St. Joe, Carrabelle, St. George Island, Apalachicola, or the surrounding areas? Do not hesitate to contact us through our site and let’s vet that house together.